1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Kilobass......What Would You Pay For One?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ebozzz, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I've got a chance to score one of these heads. It's being described as being in perfect condition. The preamp section is basically the same as the Peavey Max and it has 1000 watts of power. Specs are listed below:

upload_2014-6-1_14-46-25.

The seller is asking for $500.00 for the amp. I've owned one previously and thought it was very nice. The problem is that I have is that I paid the same amount as the seller is asking for for the amp I had in the past approximately 10 years ago. It's a 25 year old amp.

I asked the seller over the phone how firm they were on the price and was told that he would take $450.00 for it. My reply was that I still thought it was a little steep which prompted the person to reply, "What do you feel it's worth to you?" So, I'd appreciate a few opinions if possible. I stopped there and simply said that I would need to see it first. Those of you who know of this amp, what do you think? I've got an owner's manual attached as well....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Alright, I was hoping someone might chime in but thanks regardless. I'm going to ride over and see what My negotiating skills can deliver for me.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Captain, We Have Power!

BnCxDHyCIAMtAbZ.

Man, the guy wasn't lying when he said it was in perfect condition! Yeah, I snagged it and I didn't pay $450.00. Pics? Happy to oblige....

Kilobass_Front_2. Kilobass_Back.

4. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Congrats, great head and one of Peavey's best IMO. I'm not playing the "what would you pay for one" game. As long as you feel comfortable with the deal, all's good.

ebozzz likes this.
  5. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Nice score! Love these heads

ebozzz likes this.
  6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I was simply asking as I've been doing other things in recent years. Didn't have a clue as to what they would go for now. My point was to try to get a better idea as to what the current market price is for one. I'm happy with the deal I got and having owned one previously, I know it very well! ;)

7. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Well, I've seen a couple sell in the $300-$350 neighborhood over the past couple of years but they were hardly mint. Personally I have no problem paying a lot more for a mint, well cared for unit.

ebozzz likes this.
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I agree. This one is that and came with the rack case in the picture. The seller was Guitar Center so I didn't really feel too bad about trying to get it for the least amount possible. Didn't take long for us to come to an agreement.

I'm good! I now have an amp to power my cabs. At some point in the future I will add a power amp for use with the preamps I have and then I'll have some options depending on what is needed. Patience is a good thing. Only had my little Fender Bassman 25 for the longest. Not playing out yet so that was really all that I needed. Sold my last Kilobass to get a preamp I was lusting after. Still love the preamp but always regretted selling that Kilo....

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    one million dollars

ebozzz likes this.
  10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    That's what I paid! ;)