Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Kilobass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ebozzz, Feb 11, 2002.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Why oh why did Peavey stop making the Kilobass? The Kilobass is an awesome piece of gear! Any other Kilo fans in the house?

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    It probably didn't sell well in it's time.

A lot of people say things like that, about Peavey's older amps a lot.

3. ebozzz said...

Why oh why did Peavey stop making the Kilobass? The Kilobass is an awesome piece of gear! Any other Kilo fans in the house?

Yep. I'm looking for one now. When the tax fairy lands in a couple of weeks I'll be amp shopping.

allan

4. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I could say the same about the T-Max.

It's a righteous amp, but I'm guessing they just weren't moving enough of them.

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado

I know of one that won't be moving anyplace and that's the one under my roof! :D I wouldn't mind having a T-Max either but when I find one it's usually selling for more than I paid for my Kilo. I got a crazy deal on the Kilo though.

6. Another option for that Peavey sound is to go rack.

I have the Peavey Max pre-amp through a Carver Power Amp. Sounds Great.

They still sell the pre-amp, and have seen them for a reasonable price on E-Bay

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I have a Max preamp also and I have yet to get a power amp for it. I think that it's very similar to the preamp of the Kilobass but if you can find a Kilobass at a good price, it's hard to beat the total package that you get with it!

8. Jeffmassie

Jeffmassie

Oct 5, 2010
    I am selling my Kilo Bass with two 4/12 TXV Bass Cabs, It's a monster!!!