Peavey Kosmos Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by csholtmeier, Nov 27, 2004.

1. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I have recently been considering getting a Kosmos for live use. My thought is to not send the processed siganl to my amp but only send it to the board. I figure that way I don't have to add subs and another power amp. I also think that making huge waves of bass on stage will cause problems.

The Kosmos has balanced 1/4" TRS and XLR left and right outputs. It also has a single 1/4" TRS subwoofer output. I'm thinking of sending one side of the stereo outs and the subwoofer out to the board through a pair of D.I.'s.

I am kind of unexperienced in the world of PA equipment so if this will not work or there is a better way of going about this please let me know.
  2. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Not that really agree with what you think you are going to achieve but you don't need to buy 2 DI's. You said it your self the Kosmos has L&R outs on XLR and a TRS for the sub out. All of these outputs are balanced and will travel down the snake just fine. Simply buy an XLR cable for which ever main out you decide to use, and buy (or make) an XLR Male to TRS cable. That will do what you want to do, just make sure the soundman knows you are sending him a line level signal not mic level.