Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Kosmos

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by csholtmeier, Sep 15, 2004.

1. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I'm seriously considering one of these. My rig consists of an SVP-Pro to Rmx 850 to SVT610hlf. Currently I play in an alt-country/roots rock band but am considering another foray into the metal genre.

This unit will work in mono, or so I've read. I'd love to hear from anyone who uses this unit or has used this unit. Basically, talk me out of this if it is a waste of money.

I'm looking for a powerful,unique sound that punches through without sounding out of place.

2. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    The Peavey Kosmos is basically a subharmonic synthesizer - try a search on subharmonic sythesizer for more input from others. Several other subharmonic sythesizers are on the market including one from dbx (120XP) and Furman (punch).

Since a subharmonic basically generates a signal an octave under what you are playing, it would be a good idea to check to see if your equipment can handle the ultra low frequencies. I have blown several 15's using a dbx 120XP - they just could not handle the frequencies in the 21Hz - 35Hz range.

I tried a Peavey Kosmos Pro earlier this year and found that it has a number of features over my current subharmonic syntheszier that could be helpful - including a setting for smaller speakers. I am considering one but the price for the Pro model is expensive.