1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Lust!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Geez! I just don't get it?!?! How the heck did I sleep on Peavey all these years?? When I lived in NY, one of my favorite mom & pop shops in the Bronx (Gun Hill Road) was almost exclusively Peavey and I was in there all the time and totally dismissed their instruments. Loved the amps and P.A. gear but totally dismissed their basses!

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Doc, you've got to quit doing this to yourself, man! Between the recent Lakland and the Cirrus about to come your way, you shouldn't have any more wants for a while. Stop teasing yourself!

4. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I want this about like I want every fine looking woman I see walking around. In theory, it might be cool, but pratically, I know it would not only be bad, but destructive.:):bag:

Seriously, I know GAS never leaves, so I may as well get used to just appreciating a nice bass without reaching for my wallet.:)

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    +1, you and me both. The thing was that I even owned a really nice fretless Foundation back in the day too, but it still never dawned on me how nice Peaveys were until the reality of family meant that I could no longer write a check or whip out plastic for a boutique, and I had to look a little lower on the food chain.:oops:

6. + 1,000,000!!! ;)

Doc - you know I love you like a play-cousin but you remind me of Pookie from New Jack City!

"I tried to kick... but that **** just be callin' me man, it be callin' me, man... "

7. Dr.Cheese = Dr.Gasssss :D

8. Doc, you are killing me with all this gear you keep posting. You and I have very similar taste in gear. That foundation that you sold me has me hooked on peaveys. I am thinking of dropping an audere preamp into it.

lowsound

9. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Weren't you claining you were GAS free yesterday? :D

10. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    I have that bass in purple stripe... it's beautiful and I really haven't given it the respect it deserves, I've used it, held onto it, and it's served me well. It needs more playtime.

11. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    An Audere in that Peavey should be righteous!:D IF you do that, you need to post soundclips.:bassist:

12. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    If the cirrus had a 34" scale, I'd be a very interested camper...
    But it doesn't.

13. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV

ya i have the same problem as the doc, i cant stop thinking about basses, i even dream about them when i sleep, it is torcherous, i am driving my self nuts and my wife too:D

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Every time I watch my Bill Dickens dvd I remember why I love Peavey Cirrus basses!

15. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The funny thing is that I don't want that bass. If I hadn't committed to a Cirrus, I would have, but hey, even I know I can't have them all!:smug:

16. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I just saw this very TL5 a little while ago and was going to post a thread asking for reviews on TL5s....I want 1 more 5er and thats me and I want it a Peavey (of course) and I was so confuzzled on which one to get and then I saw that one and fell in lust. But You saw it first Dr. Cheese, I will step aside if you say so.

By they way, how good are TL5s, anyone?

17. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I honestly don't want it!:help: Check out Harmony Central Reviews for TL-5s & TL-6s, there were the flagship basses of Peavey back in the day.:cool:

18. Dr. nice find! and is it just me or are Peaveys beginning to surface .. and become more popular nowadays?

19. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I think people are finally realizing just how awesome Peavey basses truly are. You get a lot of bang for the buck...I was in denial all these years and when my BF got me that used foundation for xmas...that was it.. I realized they were for me.

I haven't had much exposure to other brands high or low but perhaps peaveys are getting so popular suddenly because they really are quality and their prices are still for nearly everyone to meet. The way prices seem to be going up on everything, people are trying to get something worth the money while they can?

20. BF?? Whoa!!! I never realized you where of the female persuasion :eek: