Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Mark IV

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stratfreak, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Does anyone have any experience with or currently own a Peavey Mark IV series head? I have the opportunity to buy one with a Peavey cab that has 2 10's and an 18 for $350.00, is this a pretty good price? I don't think I can get hurt for the money as long as it doesn't have any hidden problems, but it is about 20 years old so any info would be welcomed.

2. ptuckerbass

ptuckerbass

Sep 12, 2000
    Orlando, Fl.
    I've got a mark III that's over 20 years old. I haven't had any issues with it and it seems to be bullet proof.
    The tone you get will not be as refined as today's amps, but if you have a limited budget you may consider the Peavey stuff.
    Check it out thoroughly and offer them less than what they're asking. Good luck!

3. The Mark IV is a great head. I have had one for 20 years. Recently passed it down to my 13 year old daughter.

The 1820 cab I am not so sure of. I have heard bad things about the tone. You will have to try it for yourself.

On the whole, I would say that the combo of the cab and the head is well worth $350. Good luck !

4. Thanks for the replies, I played through it this morning and brought it home with me. I had to have something to compete with 3 guitars so I think this will do the job.