1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Max 115 II Volume Issues

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony 2050, May 6, 2019.

1. Tony 2050

Tony 2050

May 6, 2019
    So I bought a Peavey Max 115 used from GC for around $200 (I gig regularly so I’m not crazy fixated on tone as long as the amp has some sort of OD & a tuner I’m set). But I get the thing and at first it’s great light weight and comes with what I’m looking for but when I set it up to rehearse with my band it wasn’t even close to loud enough. We’re a garage rock / punk band so we’re pretty loud so I’d figure that a 300 watt bass amp would be more than loud enough (my old amp was a 200 Watt Acoustic B200 but it was barley loud enough. Whenever I try to push it the amp clips like crazy and that’s well before I’m even close to loud enough to be heard past 5 feet in front of the amp. Are these things known for being in useably quite or is it just a simple fix cause I’d hate to have spent $200 on an amp I can’t even use.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Tony 2050

Tony 2050

May 6, 2019
    Maybe the DDT?

3. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    I don't think that's enough amp for your situation.

I've done a couple of gigs as a sub for those kinda bands (definitely a fish out of water) and both times I wish and brought my SVT-CL810 along. Stupid loud.

Not saying you need an SVT, but maybe something in between that and what you have....

4. Tony 2050

Tony 2050

May 6, 2019
    For sure I used to have a Hartke 1155 from like the 90’s or something (I wouldn’t know I’m only 20) that was PLENTY loud but stupid heavy. You know anything combos that are loud but light?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021