Peavey Max 450 & 700 bass heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bluebyrd, Aug 7, 2003.

1. bluebyrd

Jun 12, 2000
    Hi All. I was wondering if anyone has either a Peavey Max 450 or Max 700 bass head. If so, could you give a short review, pro's and con's, etc. Also, is the 700 really able to produce the 700 watts at 2 ohms without problems? How hot does it get under that load over a long period of time? I was thinking of running the Max 700 thru either one or two Avatar 15" cabs.

Thanks much!
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The Peavey Max 450 and 700 amps are the same as the NitroBass and FireBass, just with a new look.
    (I have already comfirmed this with a Peavey rep.)

Some reviews for the Nitro & Fire Bass amps can be found here:

My experience running Peavey amps with 2ohm loads (when they are rated for 2ohm loads) is very good. I run my Peavey T-Max @ 2ohms for 4 hours a night and it barely gets warm.

Some Avatar cabs powered by a Peavey Max head sounds like a rockin', affordable rig :cool: .
  3. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I have a Nitrobass head (the new 450). It is bullet proof. I run it regularly at 2 ohms and it doesn't break a sweat. It will be the most reliable amp you can buy.

The down side: It can sound great, but you will need to spend time learning the EQ to dial in your sound. It will take time, and the amp has more bad sounds than good, so you need to stick with it. If you run through a sans-amp BDDI, your sound will be outstanding.

All that translates into a big thumbs up.