Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey MAX/Firebass settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by full_bleed, Sep 3, 2005.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    What are your settings on your peavey heads? I've been able to get pretty much nail any sound I've tried out of my firebass head but I'm a little curious what the rest of you are running with or if you are like me and are constantly changing things up.

2. If you are using an active or passive bass, and any effects you might be using. I run my Firebass Straight up 12:00 on everything except drive and master vol. But I usually run either a Boss ME-50B or a Line6 Bass Pod in the effects loop and use it to get the sound I want. I also have 3 active basses and use the tone controls there to do what I need. With the active basses I set the bass pod the same way as the amp 12:00 and select the Amp to give me close to the sound I want through my Peavey TVX 412 Or my Mesa Boogie 2x15 with ev speakers. When I use my passive basses Peavey T-40 Fender american Jazz Bass or Fender JP-90 I use the tone controls on the bass pod and the amp settings with my tone control to get what I need. Now I am confused too Hope this helped some. Basicly if you are using an active bass use the basses controls to change your sound and if usind passive basses u :meh: se the firebasses tone controls to flavor to taste.

3. Gain- 12:00
    contour- 11:00-12:00
    low- 10:00-11:00
    mid shift - 3:00
    mid- 1:00
    high- 1:00

more or less around the 12 mark, never too much over or under really

the only thing i couldnt get from my firebass was a really nice OD, altho ive managed to get an overdriven sound from it (gain up full, active bass but clicked on passive on the amp)

but it wasnt that nice, sansamp BDDI does nicely for that tho :)