Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Max Preamp for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Justyn, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    OK...here's number two in my list of things to sell today, my Peavey Max Preamp. It's in fabulous condition, with a bit of rack rash on top, most likely from when I took it out of the rack to take pictures. Two channels, one tube, one solid-state, full-range and hi/lo outputs plus a crossover. You can run the channels independantly or together and there's a blend knob between the two, allowing some for some nice overdrive from the tube channel to warm up the solid state channel. I've been really pleased with this preamp but I started using my Eden WT-300 head as a preamp instead and as much as I like the Peavey, the Eden, as you might expect, has a better tone, so I no longer need the Peavey. Full specs are available at Peavey's site.
    I have grandiose dreams of getting $250 for it, but that's negotiable, so let's talk.

Thanks,
    j.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Definitely interested. I have the funds, I'll just need a bit of time (maybe a day or so) to figure if I want to use the funds now.