1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Max115II Users... Vibrating Issues?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, Mar 22, 2013.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I recently bought one of these based on fellow tbers feedback, and figured id give it a try.
    The first one was defective as it had a screaching vibrating noise when playing in certain areas of the neck.
    Store i bought it from contacted a peavey rep and he actually went out of his way and got me a new one and even dropped it off at my house. Very nice and very thankfull i was.
    But my new one is doing the same thing, not at the screachy level of the first one. But at any volume there is this constant vibration of noise behind evey note.
    I imagine in a band environment it wont be noticed but while playing it at home it is.
    I talked to Bby Bld and hes given me great pointers on the amp and such, and i do love the sound of this amp.
    Its very loud and has a great tone to it. The built in tuner is a little eh but by far an excellent amp for the price.
    But has any other owners run into this problem with it?
    I dont even think its the grill, sounds like the amp section of it is actually whats causing the vibration.

2. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    sigh....

3. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Old SS Peavey Lead Sleds and Peavey tube amps
    Never heard anything like that with the two I played. Weird. And both times I dimed it to see if it farted or rattled. Sorry to hear it.

4. KOakley

KOakley

Sep 26, 2002
    Hampton Va
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I puchased one of these in January '13 to use as a small gig,,, leave at the practice space amp. I' m happy with everything except the tuner. It won't register anything played on the "C" string. I hope you reach a happy resolution. Kerry

5. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Me too
    This is why i never like buying new

6. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Guess nobody is playing these?