Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey.mesa cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Apr 6, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    why are they so small. i was looking at the store today and it hit me that mesa cabs and peavey cabs (at least on line of them) are really small. why do they do that? is it for sound or just for convienience...what?

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't find them to be small at all. The Mesa's are pretty deep, so maybe that's it. Ultimately, I think most manufacturers go for sound over size (unless they are building a small rig on purpose, but then they are still trying to think of ways to get a big sound into a small cab).

I think Ampeg cabs are prety small (the classic series, anyway). I would have thought the SVT 8x10 would be pretty deep, but it's not.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    oh i dont know. it just seemed like teh powerhouse 210 and 115 stack i saw at teh GC was really tiny. not height wise, but size wise. oh well.

4. Stingray4Christ

Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    NY
    The power house 2X10 and 1X15 ARE pretty small. I hope I never have to move a powerhouse 1000 though.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeah, I guess they are small looking from the front. They are pretty deep. I have a set of older RR Boogie cabs like you described. They may be small, but they are HEAVY!!

6. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yea i figured heavy would definately be in there somewhere

7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Peavey small??? Tell ya what, come move my rig around then tell me how ya feel. :D ;) :D

Mike

8. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    you have a bigger rig? id swear i saw a 410 of theirs that was an inch or two smaller around than the fender 410. maybe its my eyes or something.

9. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm wif dat!