Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Microbass - amplified through vocal amp???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Hi there,

I've got a strange question... :D

Lately I noticed I'm more a bassplayer than a guitarist. :D
    Good good.
    It felt like... natural. I mean, groove and basslines come out naturally on bass. I don't cramp my fingers like on guitar and I can keep it clean (which is hard on my guitar)...

anyways
    I play guitar in my band. I've got good and powerful guitargear. But for bass, I only have a Peavey Microbass (for practice at home) so thats a little low on output.

So I need to find a quick solution! In our rehearsal room there's a vocal amplifier (poweramp 200watt + preamp and huge monitors)... could i wire up the Mircobass to the vocal amp and use it together with vocals (i.e. two inputs)... so tell me: did anyone try this before... if yes... how?? also would it be risky to blow them monitors with the low frequencies of my bass (Warwick Corvette Standard 4string)

PS - someone told me he hooks up his microbass by his headphone input... he connects the HP input to the PA and it works apparantly (it sounds ok, not great of course) ... and no dammage.