For Sale Peavey Milestone II P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tpaul, Jul 9, 2017.

1. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Price:
    Strings:
    Great cheap P-bass. This is a Peavey Milestone II from their "international series" which I guess means it was made in Korea or somewhere else other than the USA. The neck on this bass is very nice, really feels great in the hand, and it has very little fret wear. It's also pretty lightweight for a precision. That's probably an indication that the body is laminate, which I believe was the case with these. The finish is in good condition, and the pickguard is starting to yellow just a little, which gives it a nice vintage look. It sounds like a P-bass should.

The weird thing about this bass is that if you turn the tone knob all the way up, there's no sound. If you back it off just a little, you get full sound and the tone knob works normally all the rest of the way through its rotation. I don't know whether someone did this intentionally or not, but it makes a nice convenient kill switch if you want to do the stutter thing.

This is the perfect bar warrior - you won't worry about it being stolen or scratched, and the neck is nice enough that you'll enjoy playing it as much as your more expensive basses. It's a sort of jazz-style neck but a little chunky on the back side.

$200, add a little extra for shipping if you're out west.

milestone 1.JPG milestone 3.JPG milestone 2.JPG milestone 4.JPG milestone 5.JPG
    milestone 2.JPG
    milestone 1.JPG milestone 3.JPG milestone 4.JPG milestone 5.JPG

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021 at 7:48 AM
    mb94952 likes this.
  2. Jv-d

Jv-d

Feb 28, 2021
    Vermont
    Tpaul
    Where In VT
    Still have this?

3. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Near Burlington. Yep, I still have it!

4. Williethump

Williethump

Sep 10, 2017

5. Jv-d

Jv-d

Feb 28, 2021
    Vermont
    South of you in west Rut
    Let me think about that bass...

tpaul likes this.
  6. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    OK

7. Jv-d

Jv-d

Feb 28, 2021
    Vermont
    So, t Paul...
    I was waiting to hear from another member to complete a transaction... So I wasn't sure what was going on... So if someone wants it, sell it!!!!!
    I ended up getting a pretty new Blonde Sire M5
    Looking forward to playing it...

8. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Well, congratulations on your new Sire!

The Peavey is still for sale, folks!

9. Bill Thorsberg

Bill Thorsberg Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2019
    TN
    I have this exact same model of Peavey bass and I love the neck on it. Great sounding bass, sturdy construction, with a good setup - it plays fantastic!

tpaul likes this.
  10. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Thanks, Bill!

bassguyky48 likes this.
  11. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

SIRE and PEAVEY - My two favorite basses. These are incredible basses. WAY better build quality than a Squier, or other $200-$300 basses. Like you said, a bar warrior. This bass will keep up with ANY bar band and more. Why pay more for a headstock name ? Doesn't make sense.
    GLWTS !!!

Jv-d and tpaul like this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021