1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Milestone IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FatalityX, Mar 20, 2013.

1. FatalityX

FatalityX

Dec 24, 2012
    Hello gentleman & ladies, I need your help, I've allways wanted a good bass guitar, but I never had the oportunity to buy one, because I didn't had money for it. But now I have a job, my salary isn't too good and I must colaborate with the family, but I saved some bits and now... still don't have enough for a good bass, but someone is selling to me what seems to be a Peavey Milestone IV, here are some photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The guy is asking 2000 bolívares fuertes for it, that's about 86 bucks. I can't buy used fender's or similar, they are way expensive (I mean too f***ing expensive, like 600 $ for a damaged one) here in Venezuela.
    So... What do you think people?, does it worth it?

And sorry for my bad english.

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    For $86 jump on it. Even though the Milestone series is considered "entry level", with decent strings & a good set up it is a very gig-able bass.

welcome to the low side.

3. Wagz

Wagz

May 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Worth it if the bass has a straight neck, no major damage and strings that still have some zip when you play.
    The Peavey Milestone with Precision-style pickups is a good starter bass. Peavey's budget stuff is as good as Squier (Fender's entry level) or Epiphone (Gibson's entry level) or some of the entry-level-focused companies like SX or Jay Turser.

4. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Jan 8, 2011
    --I agree. And I have one that I bought used(my first bass). It has extremely high output aftermarket pickups. It has Daddario chromes on it now, and it sounds great. But it sounded great with nickel rounds too.

5. FatalityX

FatalityX

Dec 24, 2012
    Thank you both, I appreciate your opinions. I'll buy it, and probably I will buy new strings for it. Again... gracias.

6. sricks3

sricks3

Dec 6, 2007
    Duluth, GA
    I don't have any experience with the Milestone IV, but I have 2 Milestone IIs (one stock and one that I took the frets out of and added a jazz pup). As far as I can tell, the II and the IV are the same bass with a different body shape. I LOVE my Milestone IIs despite having owned and played much more expensive basses.

Do make sure it's in decent shape, especially the neck, but assuming it is, it's definitely worth $86. If there are any obvious flaws with it, that might give you leverage for talking the price down even more. If the neck is messed up (warped or otherwise crooked) and you aren't willing to pay to have it fixed/replaced, you're better off skipping on this one (but that goes for any bass).