1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Milestone P/J Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrKeef, Mar 10, 2018.

1. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Found a listing on the local craigslist for a PJ bass, Peavey Milestone about 2 years old for 75$. Comes with gig bag, snark tuner and a strap. From the pictures it looks to be clean, messaged the owner hoping to get some more pictures. Whats TBs opinion on this bass for 75?

Attached Files:

covermego likes this.
  2. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Also my reasoning for even wanting it, I have a custom jazz bass, a dean edge (lol..) And a Ibanez Mikro. I have been looking at getting a P or PJ bass full scale.

3. stefanb

stefanb Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Toronto
    Well it's below the $100 threshold for what I'd consider risky purchase territory. For the price of a tank of gas and some snacks, I'd be happy if it made noise plugged in and had a straight neck. It's real wood, so that's a good start.

It's like asking if the off-brand generic bag of chips is worth the $1.99 - Sure. they're chips, if you like chips and want to eat chips, go for it - minimal risk.

PanRap and MrKeef like this.
  4. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    You make a fantastic point, going to pick this one up. Not a huge risk. Thanks!

5. @MrKeef

My Peavey basses number 53,that's at least one of every model they have released. You could say I like my Peaveys ;) Picked up a Milestone PJ for a friend of mine, these are particularly nice basses for very little money. Peavey have always made a point of good quality necks and these are no exception.

Many of us Peavey owners buy Milestones just for the necks, a very handy source of spares :)

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Bass V, BuffaloBill and MrKeef like this.
  6. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Thanks for the reassurance! Hoping the gentleman gets back to me ASAP! Already have an extra set of strings brand new laying around to put on it.

kodiakblair likes this.
  7. Good to hear you have the new strings @MrKeef It never ceases to amaze me the number of folks who write off a bass without thinking of changing the strings first :laugh: Heck folks order new pickups before changing strings :roflmao:

Hope the fella replies soon :thumbsup:

Bass V likes this.
  8. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    He just got back to me, said he still has it. Will be meeting up with him tonight since he's in the same town. 75$ for the bass, gig bag, snark tuner, stand and a strap? Couldn't pass it up.

mech likes this.
  9. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    Ditto @kodiakblair .....I have about 40 Peavey basses with most of them USA made. The Milestone P/J I have is in the playing rotation with the rest. I considered this one a steal when I got it a few years ago. Changed the hardware to black just for looks and did a little dress up for a retro look.

Milestone CA H.

Bass V, BuffaloBill, SpyderX and 4 others like this.
  10. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Absolutely beautiful looking bass, @mech !

mech likes this.
  11. Have we convinced you yet @MrKeef :)

12. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Easily! Guy gets off work and will be back in town around 6PM. Definitely going to get it Asap!

13. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    $75 just for the bass is probably about going rate for a private sale. With all the rest of the accessories it's a rather good deal. Hope it works out for you!

14. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    I lucked into this one. It has a one piece ash body. Only seen a couple of other ash bodied on the interwebs and they were multiple pieces and not well matched at all.

15. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    I'm about to head out to pick up the Milestone! Hooray! Excited to add it to my stable, definitely need a sturdy PJ bass in my collection.

mech likes this.
  16. MrKeef

MrKeef

Feb 15, 2018
    Sounds awesome, plays great! Little low on the output but I have a TC Electronics spectra comp compressor that can help boost that. Came with push button strap locks too! Action is great.

Attached Files:

kodiakblair, mech and Sub-hoo-fer like this.
  17. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    nice find. they are great imported instruments. a good thorough pickup adjustment may make a world of difference in output and tone. then again, it may just be lower output no matter. either way, congrats!

MrKeef likes this.
  18. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I'm looking at the pic - it does look like the pickups can be raised higher to increase output.

Congrats OP...nice bass.

MrKeef likes this.
  19. Misfit toys

Misfit toys

Feb 8, 2018
    Good score for 75 bucks! The bag strap straplocks and tuner would probably cost almost that

MrKeef likes this.
  20. I've been on the lookout for exactly this kind of deal on a Milestone.
    My early '90s Ibanez P/J isn't doing it for me anymore and may be donating it's neck and bridge to a homemade body project soon.

Congrats!

MrKeef likes this.