1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Milestone V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_r_91, Feb 21, 2008.

1. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    I have been wanting to play my old Peavey Milestone V again, (It's been a long time) and I just noticed how LOOSE my B string was. I recently had a Spector 5 string with an active 3 band preamp on board and active pickups, that things be string was awsome, just as tight as the E string, always nice and clear.

However, with my Peavey, it is flub. nothing short of flub...

The string seriously moves over a half inch both ways, there is next to no tension on it, what can I do to make it tighter?

I know using a bigger string would help, but could it really help all that much? Exactly what size of string would you recommend?

Also, something I found strange about it is the headstock is labeled Milestone IV even though it is a 5 string, I bought it new, however, could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks for your input! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    bump? :meh:

3. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    IV is the model I have the same one in a four string.

4. DanGR

DanGR

Jan 2, 2012
    Grand Rapids MI
    I bought a Peavey Milestone V as a backup bass and noticed something that may help your B string. The nut slot for mine is way too low. Bringing up the string there may help tighten it up a little although it is probably never going to be as tight as a higher end instrument.