1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Millenium 5 BXP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mattsk42, Aug 21, 2007.

1. I have a blue Millenium 5 BXP that is only for sale. No trades, I'm buying another bass with this money.

It's in good shape, not mint, just slight wear around certain areas. Nothing that you could see unless you looked. It's the nice looking "Transparent Blue".

http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVMILBXP5

As you see, they go for $310 on there, so I would do $235 + half of whatever actual shipping is.

They're a great bass for the money, and I use it for my regular bass most of the time. I prefer the "playability" of the neck to my Valenti.

Comes with fairly new strings, strap, gig bag. It has been somewhat set up by me, so the action is good with no buzzing.

DSC_5976.

MORE PICS HERE

2. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Hows the width and depth of the neck?

3. Well that's subjective, but I would definitely say narrow. Very similar (to me) to a Stingray neck.

Anyone else have other opinions on that?

4. My TB Supporting Member thing expired so RE-PM me if you did in the last few days!

5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    These are 34" scale, right? What is the spacing on them?

6. Yep 34". I do not know what the spacing is, but I will say that it's tighter than my Valenti was. Not EXTREMELY tight/small, but not overly wide.

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    If it's anything like my Fury, it's likely a 16.5-17 mm spacing at the bridge. Bumplicity!

8. Thanks for the info!

9. Pictures up!

10. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Is it the passive one, or active?

11. Passive I believe.

12. RedsFan75

RedsFan75

Apr 26, 2007
    Cincinnati
    How's the B on it? What gauge string you have on the B?

13. B seems good to me. I thought my 35" Lakland was better, but I did not think that my Valenti was better, and it's EB Super Slinkys for strings.

14. Top again, I'd do $210 plus shipping. It's a lot of bass for not much.