Peavey Millenium 5 opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CJY, Feb 21, 2002.

1. CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    I'm about to order a Peavey Millenium 5(w/o the maple top) sight unseen from a dealer in my country.I have done a search here on Talkbass and people seem to be really happy with it.I was wondering if anybody has anything else to add about that bass?Is the neck profile really thin?I have small hands so I prefer a thin(front to back) neck.How is the 'B'?Anyone try the Millenium w/the double J pickups?Thanks in advance.
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado

I've got the Millennium Plus 4-strings and I like it a lot. Unfortunately, I have never been able to try the 5-string version because most of the dealers in my area don't seem to stock them. I'm thinking about doing the same thing as you and just ordering one at some point.

The neck on my Millennium is very similar to a Fender Jazz but it feels flatter/thinner in my opinion. The pickup configuration on mine is the J/MM setup. The J pickup on it sounds great when I solo it so I can't imagine that two of them would be a bad thing. I already owned a Jazz bass so the J/MM configuration was more appealing to me when I got mine. Most Millennium owners seem to prefer that option.

I personally think that you are going to love it but some others here may be able to offer you better opinions regarding the 5-string version. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!