Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Millenium 5 plus question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CJY, May 29, 2002.

1. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    Hi,
    Presently,I own a MTD Heir 5 and am thinking of getting a Peavey Millenium 5 plus in the future.What I would like to know is:how does the neck profile(front to back thickness) of the Millenium 5 compare with the Heir 5?Which is thinner?Or are they similar?There aren't any Milleniums here in Singapore so I cannot check it out for myself.There aren't any MTDs either;I had to order the Heir thru Bass Central.I'm interested in the Millenium because of the fewer frets(21) and tighter spacing at the bridge).Any other comments about this bass?I did a search and heard only positive comments.

BTW have any one of you ordered stuff from Elderly Instruments before?Are those guys reliable and trustworthy?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. I have a Millenium 5 plus and a Kingston 5,same neck as the Heir.The Milleniums neck is a little thinner front to back.The Heir/Kingston neck is a little fatter,kind of like a P-bass feel compared with the Milleniums J-bass feel.Which plays better is a toss-up.The Millenium is a really great bass with lots of tone options.I love the way both play and sound.

3. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    Thanks,Blues Bass 2.Anyone else have any comments on that bass?

4. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    The Millenium bass is better, better pickups, preamp, EQ and tuners (Hip Shot) to start. Real punchy sound with lots of variations.

5. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    bump

6. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I can vouch for Elderly's trustworthiness. I ordered a pedal back in March and it showed up 7 days later, just like they said.

7. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    Any more comments?Thanks.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own a Millenium Plus 4, and have played a few fivers.

They have all been top-notch in the fit and finish department. No flaws on any of them that I could find.

They have a wide variety of tones available. With the pickup combination and the versatile 18v preamp w/mid sweep, you can nail just about any sound you are looking for. Tuners and bridge are both Hipshot, so Peavey didn't cut corners there. Very comfortable, fast neck. Excellent B strings on the 5ers.

I would recommend them. Very nice basses, wish I still had mine.

Ryan

9. CJY

CJY

Apr 30, 2001
    Singapore
    Every time I bump this thread,someone replies.Thanks,guys.