1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey millenium 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sgt Baker, May 10, 2011.

1. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    Yo dudes, this thing is mad cheap, and from what I hear, its of a pretty decent quality. Input?

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    The USA Millenium 5's are worth every penny. Great production quality and good ergonomics. The Millenium BXP's (imports) are ok but nothing special.

What price are we talking and where was it manufactured?

3. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
  4. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    That is actually kind of high and it is a BXP import. You can get used USA milleniums for not much more than that and you can find new BXP's for significantly less.

Here is my USA Millenium 5 for reference.

P1000898.

P1000902.

5. who

who

Apr 20, 2007
    Washington DC
    No, that is a BXP model.

6. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    Word, thanks dudes. Could you tell me a little more about the US model of yours? that thing looks straight up sexy. I'm lookin for a more Hi-Fi clean tone, think Phish, and this is just my entry to the world of 5 strings. Thanks again for the input guys

7. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    ALSO- is that thing passive of active?

8. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    The USA models are active. BXP's can be had in both passive and active versions.

9. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    It is clean and rather dark, the Cirrus line is probably more what you are looking for.

Here is the US model specs, mine is a Millenium 5 Plus in Black Violet.

ScreenShot006-2.

10. Sgt Baker

Sgt Baker

Aug 20, 2010
    Awesome, you've been a huge help. But isn't the Cirrus line up in the thousands? Are there anny more moderately priced models to your knowledge?

11. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    You can find used USA Cirrus for $600-$800. You could also look at the TL-5's. Used they are in the $500 range for a neck through boutique quality bass.

12. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Here's a real article/review of the Tiger Eye Millennium 4-string 'active' version.

Some sources list agathis for the active, and some list basswood. The Peavey site now indicates basswood for the AC model.