Peavey Millenium III Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basho, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Basho

Basho Guest

I'm considering buying one of these basses on ebay, as it is very cheap and I feel like something new. What I want to know is, what is the body wood? Also, how reliable is Peavey's quality control on their low-end basses? I've seen a few bad reviews on Harmony Central and I don't want to buy something if it's probable that it'll be a piece of junk.

Anyone with stories about the Milestone or Peavey in general?
  2. basseuphoria

May 19, 2005
    bought a milestone III from last May and it does what it needs to do. paid 160.00 US and it's got 'upgrade written all over it!' changed the bridge screws for stainless larger guage screws as well as pick-guard screws and am looking forward to new p'up's. just haven't decided between 60's customs or dimarzio jazz. can't go wrong w/ this bass!!!
  3. RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Body is made of Basswood according to Peavey customer service.

I've had mine for over a year now. Makes a nice beater, not expensive so I don't worry too much about it walking.

The upper horn on mine is slightly larger then the regular Fender horn so it's hard to get into a gig bag.

Other then that no real problems or complaints with mine. I've played over 70 outdoor gigs with it.

I don't know about slap tones as I play finger style. As usual YMMV IMHO etc etc applies to everything said above.
  4. i have one too the material is well balsa but it did have a habit where screws ripped out of it especially the strap ones. meaning bigger screws were having to be put in. other than that its a good reliable bass that can be easily modified. :bassist:
  5. i've had my milestone 3 for about 5 years now, and for my money it is the best playing "starter" bass i've ever laid hands on. i have tweaked the setup extensively, but i haven't actually altered anything on it other than strings, and its seen me through a fair few gigs absolutely brilliantly. owns the squiers and such i've tried in the same price range. indeed, my friend who has a couple of basses in the same price range asked me "what do you put on your strings to make them so easy to play?"