1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Millenium question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reaper138, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Reaper138

Reaper138

Jan 10, 2009
    Hey everybody! I have a quick question about Peavey Milleniums that i figured could be answered here. The bridge on the peaveys is set up for the string-thru set up so the strings go through the back of the bass, but they can also just go through the back of the bridge. I have been putting the strings through the back of the bass since i got the thing like 3 years ago. My question is by putting the the strings through the back of the bridge instead of the back of the bass, will it change the sound? Which do you guys prefer? Thanks in advance!

2. I've tried it both ways and couldn't really hear a difference, other than some B strings aren't quite long enough if you string through.

3. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    i think that it gives more sustain when you go through the body. sound difference...should have a little bit of a beefy sound. at least thats how is always been for me.