Peavey Millennium 4 ACP BXP?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hawkizzle, May 24, 2005.

1. Hawkizzle

May 21, 2005
    Im beginning playing the bass guitar and want a good quality bass for less than $300 but want a good quality bass. My friend suggested a Peavey Millennium 4 ACP BXP. Would this be a good choice?
  2. Hawkizzle

May 21, 2005
    Also im thinking about getting just eh BXP instead of with AC because my friend said that those effect on the AC can just be changed on the amp but im not sure if thats true. Im getting the Fender 60 W. Im sure they can be changed but is there a differnece with changing them on both?
  3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The AC BXP is definitely a better quality bass than the standard BXP. It is a bass that can last you a good long while. I would definitely recommend it over the BXP for a variety of reasons the least of which are better electronics and better construction (IMO).

4. Hawkizzle

May 21, 2005
    my friend said it was harder to setup is that true? Also what are some good internet stores to buy them other than ... and cause all of them have them out of stock other than tiger stripe which i might end up buying but im not sure.
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The only way in which it is harder to setup is that it has a finger-style bridge rather than a standard bridge. So it really isn't that much more difficult. You adjust the intonation from the front instead of the rear. As for stores, have you tried or The Peavey site also lists online and local retailers who can ship direct to you.

6. I would look for a peavey fury 4 or 5 string I've seen some around here for 299 and recently alot on Ebay for around that price
  7. Bobbydeells

Mar 19, 2007
    what are god strings for playing slap
  8. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Probably the best new bass you can buy in that price range in my opinion. Amazing bass.
  9. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    DR Hi-Beams, 40-100 is what I use a lot. You can go with the 45-105 and still slap. Basically, any roundwound, stainless steel string will be best (generally speaking).
  10. Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    I fyou're okay with a used one, I saw a couple of them on eBay for a little over $100 a couple days ago. Check there. It sure beats paying full price. (I hope I don't get shot for bringing up eBay)
  11. FenderBinder

Mar 24, 2007
    There isnt anything wrong with ebay. Theres people who have there online store it seems like. They get stuff in somehow and put it on ebay. Some if it is brand new some is used. You'll find more used then new on ebay btut ebay is good.
  12. The Millenium that you mentioned is fine. You get a nice feel for not a ton of money.

In Sacramento I take my basses to Skips. They recently set my bass up (Yamaha TRB5) as it needed the attention. I paid about 70.00 and the took care of all the frets, the string height, the intonation and restrung it. They also found that the input jack was in need of replacing...So they did.

Find the pro in your area that every real player goes to with their "baby" and then you should be in good hands.

Later when you have some more $$$ you can put a set of passive Bartolini's in (pickups) and a nice Bartolini active pre onboard. You should then, theoretically have a blistering bass that you already like the feel of.

Go to the music stores. Play on all of the basses. I mean ALL of the basses. Find the ones that you like. Then figure out what they are (write down the name and model) and look here on TB, on EvilBay, and all of the used music stores/pawn shops for those models. If they are still out of your league (ie. a Zon for 3bills) look at the ones that you can afford and see if they feel like the better quality ones.

Then you learn to play well with what you have. As you get better and your ears begin to discern what the tones you are looking for you start to save up for the next one. :)

Just my opinion...from experience.