Peavey Millennium 4 or Essex (SX) BG-180 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cynic, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Cynic

Jul 15, 2004
    Hey, I've opened here a thread couple of days ago, and looked at some more threads, and this is my last question avout the bass itself (I will ask later at the amps forum about an amp).
    So, the Peavey Millennium 4 costs $202, and the SX BG-180 costs $139. I have couple of things to consider, and they are:
    1. If I buy the SX BG-180, I will have more money to spend for a better amp, and if I buy the Peavey Millennium 4 I will have less less money for the amp.
    2. I can't give a test play for the SX because I don't live in USA (I live in Israel) - and I didn't found the Peavey in israel yet - I'm now trying on stores, but so far it doesn't look like I will find it. so practically, I can't hear both. but still, from the last day "events", these are the most recommended ones.

oh and buying a used guitar here in israel costs just like buying one from USA from a store like music123, if not more, coz the prices here are awful, so it isn't worthy.

Now, considering all these things, which bass is better for me to buy?
    TIA ;)
  2. Cynic

Jul 15, 2004
    (Please, it's just saying whether the Peavey or the Essex by the considerations above... thanks)
  3. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I'm not sure what the general idea of the Peavey is, but I know that people here are pretty much in love with SX, so better amp and SX sounds like the way to go.

Shipping may not be fun though.
  4. Starmo

Jul 15, 2004
    Raanana, Israel
    I live in israel too, and I have spotted an SX at Kley-Zemer in Raanana.
    I don't know what model it is, though. It's Jazz-like.
    The price is really low, too. It's like 800NIS (~180$).

The Peavey I have never played nor seen.