1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Millennium Plus V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Masamax, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Anyone else tried this bass? I saw one on the mall in a local store and tried it out. It's very unassuming; at first I thought it was just another midranged peavey... until I saw the beautiful birdseye maple neck.

This bass has an awesome sound that really makes me want to own it. Slapping it was a joy and the action was incredibly smooth. I just wish I could justify spending $2500 CND on a bass when I already have a great 5 string that I love. Damn you world!

2. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I have a 4-string Millennium which I love but was able to purchase it new (though a bit shop worn) for $500 US. I'm not sure how different the Plus model is but I doubt it amounts to a $1,000 US. Peavey stopped producing these guitars in the US and now markets a foreign-built (Korea, I think) model it calls the Millenium BXP which are much less expensive. There is a US-built Millenium on E-bay for a buy it now price of $529 http://search.ebay.com/Peavey-Mille...Z1QQfromZR10QQsosortpropertyZ1QQsosortorderZ1

The description in the above auction is a fair description of the bass.

There was a nice Millenium Plus that didn't attract any bids at a starting price of $599 when I checked the completed items.

Bottom Line - nice instrument and that store probably has a lot of room to come down in price - maybe down to $1,000 Canadian or lower. Good Luck.