1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey millestone bpx V

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Franco77, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Franco77

Franco77

Aug 4, 2012
    hi talkbass bros, here's the deal:

Some guy is selling me his 5 strings peavey millestone bpx and he sent me some pictures of it; the one that i attached to the post is the one that worried me.

i have some questions about it

1. is there a way to clean the rust from the metal parts?

2. is the rust a big deal?

3. How much should i pay for it?

thanks.

Attached Files:

2. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Those little string trees are easily replaces, and with superior hardware. The rust there could simply mean he lives in a high humidity area. The strings wear the chrome plating off pretty quickly, so the steel is pretty prone to rust, even from water in the air.

Or it could mean he dropped it in a lake.

As for price, I cant say. The bxp series are Asian imports. New, they tend to be in the $300 - $500 neighborhood. If it works well and sounds good, I wouldn't pay more than $250.

3. Franco77

Franco77

Aug 4, 2012
    So $150usd, it's a fair price?

4. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Those string trees are held on by different types of screws, and look like they're off of a stratocaster style guitar. If those are changed out, who knows what else is... Just my .02.

5. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    But yeah, the string trees are replaceable (with better ones) for cheap, and assuming everything else is stock and in working order, $150 is very fair.

6. Franco77

Franco77

Aug 4, 2012
    yeah, i've just noticed the string holders. where can i buy the string holders?

7. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
  8. Franco77

Franco77

Aug 4, 2012