Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Millinium

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ankles, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Ankles

Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    BostonMA
    Any comments on the Peavey Millinium Bass???

2. The ones I have played feel and sound great. They are a bit pricey but definatly worth checking out. I would also check out Peavey's Cirrus basses which are bassiacally a neck-thru version of the millenium bass, with your choice of 5 or 6 different wood combinations.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've played several Millennium basses at local Peavey dealers and I haven't played one I didn't like. I wanted to leave the store with a Millennium Plus 5-string but, I have ultimately decided to get a Cirrus 6-string (I already have a 5-string bass).
    I have to disagree with chaoslord on the "pricey" comment. IMO, with the features, playability, construction of the Millennuim bass, I think they're a bargain. (Some people have called the Millennium Plus a poor man's Lakland, but I don't have much experience with Laklands so, I can't make a comparison.)
    If you're going to check out a Millennium, be prepared for a GAS attack :).

4. Ankles

Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    BostonMA
    Ok,now thats settled. I guess I should test drive one. I have to break out of the (FENDER) Jazz Bass only frame of thought. How about $$$$$$$. Whats the tag $$ (never mind list).

Thanks

5. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I got a Peavey Cirrus fretless 5 about 6 months ago (which is every bit as good as the Modulus, Ken Smith, Zon, Spector, Lakland, and F Basses I tried in the same store--just a whole lot cheaper)...a few weeks later I went out bass "shopping" just to make sure I made the right choice. I played several Millenia, both standard and deluxe models with four and five strings, and they were definitely in the same class quality-wise as the Cirrus, although the midrange of the Millenium is a bit less complex. The Millenium kicks the butt of almost everything I tried in its class (under $1500)--American Fenders, Carvin, Yamaha, Ibanez, Cort, Dean, US Masters. The only other "affordable" basses I've liked as much as the Millenium have been G&L, Reverend, Music Man, and Pedulla. I've seen the Millenium 5 Plus for about $1250 and the standard models for under a grand.

6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I tried both the Millenium and Cirrus at my local music store lately, and I must say I was quite impressed by the Cirrus, but also enjoyed the Millenium. Kinda funny, since I myself own a Warwick Streamer(which i love, despite all the controversy). The Millenium's electronics package is quite impressive, and i was able to quickly dial in a sound i liked.

7. When I was living in Maine I had the fortune of playing some Cirrus basses.If they are the neck-thru version of the Millenium bass then the Millenium must kick serious bootey.These babies were easy to play and sounded great.If I had the money,I would add them to my wish (GAS) list.Peavey has come along way with it's gear.