1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Millinium

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ankles, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Ankles

Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    BostonMA
    Any comments on the Peavey Millinium Bass???

2. The ones I have played feel and sound great. They are a bit pricey but definatly worth checking out. I would also check out Peavey's Cirrus basses which are bassiacally a neck-thru version of the millenium bass, with your choice of 5 or 6 different wood combinations.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've played several Millennium basses at local Peavey dealers and I haven't played one I didn't like. I wanted to leave the store with a Millennium Plus 5-string but, I have ultimately decided to get a Cirrus 6-string (I already have a 5-string bass).
    I have to disagree with chaoslord on the "pricey" comment. IMO, with the features, playability, construction of the Millennuim bass, I think they're a bargain. (Some people have called the Millennium Plus a poor man's Lakland, but I don't have much experience with Laklands so, I can't make a comparison.)
    If you're going to check out a Millennium, be prepared for a GAS attack :).

4. Ankles

Ankles

Jan 6, 2001
    BostonMA
    Ok,now thats settled. I guess I should test drive one. I have to break out of the (FENDER) Jazz Bass only frame of thought. How about $$$$$$$. Whats the tag $$ (never mind list).

Thanks

5. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I got a Peavey Cirrus fretless 5 about 6 months ago (which is every bit as good as the Modulus, Ken Smith, Zon, Spector, Lakland, and F Basses I tried in the same store--just a whole lot cheaper)...a few weeks later I went out bass "shopping" just to make sure I made the right choice. I played several Millenia, both standard and deluxe models with four and five strings, and they were definitely in the same class quality-wise as the Cirrus, although the midrange of the Millenium is a bit less complex. The Millenium kicks the butt of almost everything I tried in its class (under $1500)--American Fenders, Carvin, Yamaha, Ibanez, Cort, Dean, US Masters. The only other "affordable" basses I've liked as much as the Millenium have been G&L, Reverend, Music Man, and Pedulla. I've seen the Millenium 5 Plus for about $1250 and the standard models for under a grand.

6. iplaybass

iplaybass

Feb 13, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I tried both the Millenium and Cirrus at my local music store lately, and I must say I was quite impressed by the Cirrus, but also enjoyed the Millenium. Kinda funny, since I myself own a Warwick Streamer(which i love, despite all the controversy). The Millenium's electronics package is quite impressive, and i was able to quickly dial in a sound i liked.

7. When I was living in Maine I had the fortune of playing some Cirrus basses.If they are the neck-thru version of the Millenium bass then the Millenium must kick serious bootey.These babies were easy to play and sounded great.If I had the money,I would add them to my wish (GAS) list.Peavey has come along way with it's gear.