Peavey MiniMAX finally available!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cave Puppy, Mar 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cave Puppy

Cave Puppy "Humph Bo, he's wond!" - John Lennon

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    dieseldalziel likes this.
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    What do you think of it?

3. Cave Puppy

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    I've only played one gig with it with an acoustic trio with no drums - two acoustic guitars and me on electric bass (fenders) and the thing kicked! I used my Bag End S-15D for a cab. The fan that was really loud at home was not even noticeable at the gig. The chicken head knobs are cool looking but the pots seem a bit loose feeling. The onboard tuner isn't bad at all .. way better than the one on the TC Electronic 250. There is no pre-amp clip indicator which kind of bugs me. That being said I checked out a Bugera Veyron (the mosfet version - I want the tube pre version) yesterday and loved the feel of the knobs and the switches on that. Very quality.

ebozzz likes this.
  4. I had the same complaint with the combos. I was really hoping they were going to tighten them up.

Cave Puppy likes this.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Odd that a Behringer amp would have a quality feel to it :confused:

mbelue likes this.
  6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    But, it really does! :D

7. Cave Puppy

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    Yes, it does. I was kind of shocked to discover one in the wild and had to check it out. Really nice quality feel to it.

ebozzz likes this.
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I prefer the Mosfet to the Tube Veyron but each are nice amps. If you are looking for a tone that's more like the MiniMAX by default, I think the T is closer to that than the M....

9. Cave Puppy

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    Hmmmm interesting .. I would think it would be the other way around... the Mosfet sounding like the MiniMAX, not the tube version.

10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Nah, to my ears the T is heavy in the lows and low-mids similar to the MAX...

11. Cave Puppy

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    Do you have a MiniMAX? How do you like yours?

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    :D Yep, got the MAX. Still playing around with the MiniMAX as I just got it less than two weeks ago. How do I like it? For finger style stuff with more of a vintage feel it kills. That's sort of what I'm mostly doing right now so it's a good match. For stuff where a more modern sound is required? It may take a little adjustment but it seems like the EQ & other functions can get you close if not all the way there. The fan is louder than any other amp I own but I'm not one that is bothered by that sort of thing much. There's a lot of value in the amp. Right now, I'm leaning toward keeping it. My plan was for it to replace my Ashdown MiBass 2.0. With it's overall performance, I think it's done that. If the MiBass had the power of the MAX and a few of it's other features? I may have never purchased the mMAX. Going home now to play it some more....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Cave Puppy likes this.
  13. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Still liking the MiniMax?