Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey minx 110 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ergodynebass, Aug 15, 2000.

1. I have a crappy (I'll admit) Peavey Minx 110 (the older version with the metal type logo) and I've been having this problem when every time I plug in my bass and turn it on, it doesn't work. I have to turn it up high on the volume knob and slap the e string really hard to get it to work, some times this doesn't even work. I know its not the cord because I've used it on other bass amps and had no problem playing. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and would know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I too have a Minx 110, but I wouldn't call it a crappy combo. I can get very good sounds with it and I even played some small jazz gigs with it. I think it has a very decent sound, as long as you don't compare it to a 4x10 that would cost 5 times more anyway.

My Minx is also one of the older ones and I've been having a similar problem. sometimes I plug in and get no sound. I think it might be caused by a bad contact (or rust) in the speaker jack. I just haven't checked it yet.

Will C.:cool:

3. Have you ever tried to fix it yourself or get someone else to fix it? I need to sell it at a pawn shop to get some money for a bigger amp and I know I won't get as much when it works like this.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Well, as I mentioned in the other post, I haven't had it checked yet. As far as pawning it, I don't think you're going to get that much for the Minx anyway. I got mine at a pawn shop for $100.

Will C.:cool:

5. In fact, I know I'm not getting much for it but I need to sell it to get something bigger, I have no money right now. I just know it will go for a lower amount since it doesn't work like its supposed to.