1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Minx Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ian McLaughlin, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Ian McLaughlin

Ian McLaughlin

Aug 11, 2018
    The Peavey Minx was my first amp back in the late 80s.

It died but I got another one, I like it that much.

Do you have a Minx?

Didja used to have a Minx?

I love those old Peaveys.

Yes, I saw the UC Boss episode.

2. MB13

MB13

Jun 8, 2010
    Hey Ian, I've got one but don't need it any longer. It's everything everybody says, bullet proof, loud and not too big and not too small. Perfect.
    I'm a believer in the Minx! Hard to let it go.

3. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I bought a Minx chassis decades ago, built a nice, stained, wooden case with a 12” speaker, added a coaxial tweeter, and in one of the ports is a three way switch that shapes the high mids of the 12” speaker. The cabinet is the same size with the same ports as a real Minx cabinet. This was our Worship leader’s amp for his acoustic guitar and it worked great for about 15 years. I still have it. It’s a great amp.

I also added a mid slope control. Between the mid slope and the high mid shaping switch and tweeter, acoustic guitar, or bass sounds excellent through it.

4. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have a Minx 110 and use it with upright bass on a gig where I need just a bit of volume. It sounds great. It is like new and I bought it for $60 at a pawn shop.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021