Peavey Minx - Tonally better or worse than Microbass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DigMe, Nov 12, 2002.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey! I think the Microbass sounds great for what it is. My question is does the Minx (which is slightly larger and more powerful) sound similarly good for its size? I'm still looking around for a cheap, used but good-sounding practice amp.

brad cook
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I went to buy a Microbass a couple 'o years ago and came home with the Minx! Much better tone. It's been a great amp!
  3. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Had the Minx, regretted selling it.
    Played the Micro, liked the Minx better, the 10 just sounds better than the 8.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Thanks, ya'll!

brad cook
  5. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I thought the micro was a little quiet.

I bought a Minx last year for around the house use; pretty decent with a 5 string if you plan on being quiet. Someday I'll put in a good quality 8" and port the cabinet.
  6. I have a Minx and made the mistake of letting my daughter's bassist borrow it, and she blew out the driver. This is annoying but not fatal.

The stock Minx doesn't have any bottom end and sounds pretty middy, so I want to move the electronics into a teenie combo cabinet with a 10" sub + 6" midbass. I think the Minx would make a very nice, low loudness amp for quiet venues, and would have very good tone.

The test would be hooking it up to a nice HiFi stereo cabinet to see what the guts sound like through good speakers.