Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Musician Mark III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by UltimaSeph, Aug 4, 2005.

1. UltimaSeph

UltimaSeph

Aug 4, 2005
    -First post-

I just bought a Peavey Musician Mark III 400 Series on eBay, and a 410TX cabinet. Total price for both auctions ended up a bit over 500. Was that a good idea? I'm pretty sure a head I played through at a band contest a couple of years ago was the same model, and I liked it pretty well. I'll be playing with a Fender Jazz fretless and a Yamaha TRB6II. What are your opinions? Thanks.

2. I just sold my mark III 400b and 1810 cab for 250. I dont mean to be mean but the money could have gotten better used on some local used gear so you dont have to pay the shipping. but the Mark III's are great heads if you like your tone to be pretty colored. and if you go on tour you will almost never have to worry about it breaking peavey stuff is near indestructable, (their the only amps I have owned so far with the on I have now being my 3rd full rig) although not the lightest or the best sounded they will never let you down.

3. UltimaSeph

UltimaSeph

Aug 4, 2005
    Well, I would have looked around locally, but I live pretty much in a black hole for anything musical. x.x

4. yeah its one of the only good things about living around san fran. the used music gear market around hear is always booming plus sacramento is only about hour and a half to two hours without traffic, which im going up their mon to get my new cab. but where are you from. and check out craigslist.org and see if theirs a craigslist community near you. I think the bayarea has the largest in the nation so. it may just be wear I live.