Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PEAVEY NITRO W/ 410 CAB.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Apr 26, 2004.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PEAVEY BASS AMPS . I BOUGHT A NITRO HEAD W/ A PEAVY 410 CAB IT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD ,
    BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER W/ THE 15 BOX UNDER IT FOR MORE LOW END! :bassist:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    DOOD! YER RIG IS TOTALLY RAD DOOD. THE 15 WILL B KILLER!

-Mike

3. Station

Station

Feb 2, 2004
    Wales , UK
    I started off many many moons ago with a Peavey tko combo and after trying various other brands through the years I've always come back to Peavey. A lot of people, I've noticed, think that peavey's are to muddy and have no character to thier sound but i've always liked and felt comfortable with the peavey sound.

Pound for pound (or dollar for dollar) I've always felt that peavey give the best value for money for the player on a budget.
    The sad fact of the matter is that if you're not a pro and you're just someone who plays pubs and clubs, then your average punter doesn't give a damn if you've got the latest,most powerful amp on the market which will split the highs and lows almost to infinity and then make the coffe when it's finished. They just care if they can hear the bass and if it's filling the gap that it's meant to fill . Peavey's IMHO has always done this well.
    Don't get me wrong, if i had a couple of grand floating about i'd go up to the bass centre in London and spend all day trying out all their expensive rigs but for your average struglling joe, you could do a lot worse than a Peavey

P.S. Did I mention I like peaveys?

4. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree. As a long time Peavey user myself I feel that for the price, Peavey definitely delivers. They are also making better and better equipment. When I bought my 410tx a few years back, I tried every cabinet in that price range and a few that were way more expensive and I ended up with the Peavey.

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Peavey is great bang for the buck, my first two combo's were both Peavey's, and I never had a stitch of problem with either of them - built like tanks.

Though I have to take exception to the statement above that you get more low end through a 1x15 than a 4x10, that isn't so. You'll get a DIFFERENT flavor of low end, but usually the 4x10 will get you more low end overall.

6. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I found a Nitro bass head new for $299.00 is it a good deal, or should i save my money. I need another head because mine is old, a Acoustic 360, it still works good, but I'd hate to be on a gig and it gives up on me, thats why Ive been looking at the Nitro.

7. Old thread . . .

Anyways, id say have a look about, ive seen peavey firebass heads going for $300 used in the US, but in brand spanking new condition, might be better to look at them ?