Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey on Ebay- who has played this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hateater, Sep 10, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks interesting. Only other place ive seen that pickup config. was on a BC Rich and i like that style.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Kind of reminds me of the old Yamaha TRB's.:meh:

4. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    those look like regular 4 string pickups. how would it sound?

5. Those TL basses are an amazing bargain especially under 500 bucks. I'm not sure about the pickup choice, there are likely better choices from EMG or Bartolini. The PV DynaBass active circuit is good but not great and may have been replaced. One thing to consider is that the string spacing is a little on the narrow side and many players prefer wider for slap, but you can still easily slap or use any other style with ease.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    ...except that they predate the TRBs by about five years.

I used to own 2 TL (Short for Tim Landers) basses. Still own the 5, as a matter of fact. They're well built and sound good. For around $500, that bass is hard to beat.

7. If you do get this bass I hope you do a review as a follow up to this forum. I play peavey basses but never this setup. I like the pickups on all the basses I played. So quiet.... but my current bass (axcelerator) the humbuckers are a bit low I like them higher to rest my thumb. But the pickups are very hum free. This bass your looking at I"m intreged by the setup and what it's capabilities are. And my gosh the price is right! And american made I'm sure.

8. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I dont have the dough for one- otherwise I would buy it! I really like the design... also, I started with a p bass, and I am really itching for something that has 1 (or I guess 2) P pups in it. Don't get me wrong- I love my Lakland 55-01, but no one can settle on just ONE bass!