1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey pots

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by d-basser, Mar 22, 2006.

1. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    Ahoy folks, wonderin if you dudes could help me, my peavey BXP has a crackling selecter pot which has quiet spots when you roll it between pups. all in all it aint brill. had it cleaned an all an that didnt help. also found out the shop that sold it to me had tried to clean it (implying the prob was there befor an they still sold it full price). unfort wen they cleaned it they WD40 or summit which didnt fix an has stained the circuitry.

it aint a basic pot- has a prited circuit board attached, also the bass is 15months old so outta warranty. wonderin how best to go about gettin a replacement, shud i go back to the shop a take it up with them (involves havin to travel to edinburgh) or shud i talk to peavey. i preferably want the cheapest option but it has to work, dont want to bodge it.

bass:

DSCN0947.

thanking you :D :D :D

2. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Peavey's warranty on a guitar or bass is 2 years, make it 5 if you sent in the warranty card. Take it to your dealer. If they argue, go straight to Peavey.

3. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    ^thanking you (dont remember havin a warranty card hmmm- damn you guitarguitar)

4. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Doesn't matter. Have a receipt? Was the place you bought it an authorized dealer? A receipt will get you a claim from any dealer. If no receipt, the place you bought it may have a copy of the sales ticket filed away. If no to both of those, contact Peavey. They have serial #'s filed on their side. You can get warranty service.

5. d-basser

d-basser

Nov 20, 2005
    ^thanks again, think the receipt is stored away somewhere (think ma dad kept it safe, i would have lost it)