1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

peavey power rating?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brien_4, Dec 17, 2003.

1. does anyone know the power-rating of a peavey single 18 inch black widow rated at 8 ohms? the cabinet i own was made in the mid-late eighties and is front ported with a single input on the back. currently, i'm running it with a peavey mark iv head that puts out 300 watts at 2 ohms. i'd like to add a 210 to the mix, add some definition but i worry that i'm gonna be under-powered. my other thought was to get a decent 210 combo and run the highs out of the mark iv's built in cross-over. if anyone has any insight into this whole ordeal, feel free to post anything that might be useful. thanks again, and God Bless.

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    At their site they list an 18" Black Widow at 350w continuous. Of course, that could be different depending on box tuning, but it's probably a decent guess.

For many years they sold basically an 18" with a 2x10 on top called the "1810" or "1820" depending on the year. They crossed it over at about 125hz I believe (could have been 250). They were pretty big and heavy but fairly popular.