peavey power rating?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brien_4, Dec 17, 2003.

1. does anyone know the power-rating of a peavey single 18 inch black widow rated at 8 ohms? the cabinet i own was made in the mid-late eighties and is front ported with a single input on the back. currently, i'm running it with a peavey mark iv head that puts out 300 watts at 2 ohms. i'd like to add a 210 to the mix, add some definition but i worry that i'm gonna be under-powered. my other thought was to get a decent 210 combo and run the highs out of the mark iv's built in cross-over. if anyone has any insight into this whole ordeal, feel free to post anything that might be useful. thanks again, and God Bless.
  2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    At their site they list an 18" Black Widow at 350w continuous. Of course, that could be different depending on box tuning, but it's probably a decent guess.

For many years they sold basically an 18" with a 2x10 on top called the "1810" or "1820" depending on the year. They crossed it over at about 125hz I believe (could have been 250). They were pretty big and heavy but fairly popular.