Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Power

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapcracklepop, Oct 2, 2005.

1. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Ok, heres the story. I was offered 2 Peavey Sp-3 cabs @ 100W each, 8 ohms, 800hz crossover. For Free. I took em.

Now, Questions
    1. Can I use this with bass?
    2. IF so, how? (what head, etc)
    3. Any other advice about these bad larrys is appreciated.

if you need more info ask. right now im just so excited i have 2 huge cabs sitting here i wanna get em working

pic:
    [​IMG]

2. They're pa cabs, I'd guess they'd sound pretty crappy for bass. Better off using those as a head start on your own pa and stick with bass gear for bass.

Randy

3. hey i mean you could always sell them, and take that money and just buy some stuff for your bass rig.

4. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah I know a kid whose prob lookin for a PA system. $80 each sound reasonable?

5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Those are worth $125-$150 each most.

6. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Alright. Theyre cosmetically crap so that knocks alot off. What do you think a muisc shop would give me for em?

7. Half the retail value to them in their store and discount more for the extra time that cabs that are cosmetically poor will take to sell. So, if they are worth $100 retail, you might get $50 apiece selling to a store. They have rent, heat and salaries to pay from any profit they make. You would probably do better trying to sell them yourself. But if you really want to make a deal with just the store, then look at trade value. The store that I frequent the most almost always has a one or two cheap PA systems in the store room. They take up space that could be used for inventory that will sell faster and for more money.