Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Powered 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jan 7, 2003.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I found a second hand peavey powered 2x10 its 100w and in quite good condition I've not had chance to play through it yet but don't surpose it will be to bad.
    BTW its only £90
    So my questions are
    How will I incorporate this into my hartke 3500 and 1x15xl cab that i'm getting?
    Sound quality of these things?
    Would this be a cool small rig using a separate pre amp such as the sansamp or graphic eq pedal.
    Any problems with these units?

Thanks in advance

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Also they have a pair of hughes and ketter 1x12 cabs in but I think these are only for guitar let me know if H&K made 1x12 bass cabs cos these are £100 for the pair and look to be in good condition as well.

Thanks in advance.

3. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    You could try Biamping with the low frequencies going to the 1x15 and the Highs going to the 2x10.
    Check to see if either amp has a crossover.
    If so, run the High Out (from which ever has the crossover) into the Poweramp in on the 2x10 Combo and the Low Out into the Poweramp in on the Hartke head.
    If neither has a crossover then you could boost the bass frequencies on the Hartke head (while cutting the Higher frequencies) and cut the Bass frequencies on the Peavey 210.
    If you do get a preamp, it might be a good idea to get one that has a crossover built-in so that you can biamp out of the Preamp.

4. I once had a powered 2x10 Peavey cab, but it also had a ch1 horn in it as well. I used mine in a bi-amp config with a 2x15 cab. I ran the highs through the 2x10 (as mentioned by redneck) and the lows through the 2x15. It kicked major (!).....:D

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Is there any way to by pass the peavey power amp and just use it as a cab.

If I couldn't bi amp what would I run into the peavey Pre amp out, tuner out, normal 8 ohms speaker out?

Thanks for the help i'm going to try this out tomorrow.

6. pre-amp out should work just fine.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Most important question would I be able to use like a small graphic eq pedal or effects unit as a pre amp for this powered cab because if so that would make one hell of small rig.

Thanks for the help.

8. If the one you are insterested in sounds like the one I use to have, it was so weak in the bottom end that it didn't work without a 15 on the bottom.