Peavey Prices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Feb 11, 2002.

1. What is the price range of the Peavey Cirrus 4 string? I checked the Peavey website, but they had no price info.
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Depending on the options, the list prices are between $1649.99 and $2499.99.
  3. but they can be had for around $1200 in stores, but expect to pay more for the tiger eye model
  4. Holy cow! I wasn't expecting a Peavey to be that expensive. I have heard a lot of good about the Cirrus model, is it true that Peavey has made a quality product? Well, thanks for the info.
  5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    From what I´ve gathered here at Talkbass, the Peavey Cirrus is a very, very good bass. Blows more expensive basses out of the water.

Do a search for Peavey Cirrus here and read for yourself :)

I´ve had major GAS for the Cirri basses since I saw them. Unfortunately NO ONE here in Iceland sells them. Not even the Peavey dealer. :(
  6. I got a new, unused 4str Peavey Cirrus bass for 950$ four days ago. The music store had got them for a really good price from the usa.
    I've been looking around for a new bass for a couple of months and finally I saw this deal on their homepage. I've never tried or even seen a Cirrus in Sweden before so I made som research and went to the store to try it out and it was love at first sight... They had got both the bubinga and the redwood model and after a couple of hours I finally decided to go for the redwood.
    I was almost buying a Sterling but changed my mind when I saw the Cirrus.
    Great bass for the money!
  7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado

Don't let the Peavey name fool you! :) The Cirrus is a VERY nice bass. See if can you locate one in your area to try. I don't think that you'll be disappointed. While you're there try the Millennium also. I think that Peavey has always made quality products but they may not be suitable for everyone. I don't know of many people that have tried either of the basses named above and had something bad to say. I'm not saying that you'll have to have one of them but I'm sure thart you'll see that they are both very high quality instruments.
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, I always thought the Cirrus looked like a nice bass, but I think the reaction to the price here, is typical and a big problem.

So in the UK, none of the shops I go to in the South, has ever had a Cirrus in stock. I asked a few shops in London why and they said it was too expensive for a Peavey - they didn't think they would sell any, as there are basses from more highly-regarded manufacturers that are actually cheaper.

So there has been no chance of trying one over here - I emailed and phoned Peavey in the UK and asked them about this and they confirmed that none of the shops in the UK I visit would be stocking the Cirrus. They said I could come along to their offices and try one - they said they would get me a room and a few examples.

But I thought it was a bit far to go for one bass and it sort of committed me to buying one - there would have been a lot of pressure, given how much trouble they would be going to.

So I am resigned to never getting the chance to try one - but given the vast range open to me, it never seemed to be that much of a problem, anyway.
  9. Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    Very unfortunate that your local dealers won't take a chance on the Cirrus. It is definitely a high quality instrument and compares favorably to basses costing quite a bit more. In fact, I'd put it up against any mass produced bass currently on the market.

If Peavey is making the offer for you to come test the Cirrus out in their local office, I would highly recommend you take them up on it. Don't worry about the pressure - they're not going to put a gun to your head. At least you can see for yourself why the Cirrus is starting to get so much attention from players.

At least IMHO.

(proud new owner of a Cirrus 5)
  10. MacDaddy

Jan 26, 2002
    Provo, UT, USA
    I'm doing some research and I need some info. on Peavey Basses. How much should I expect to spend on a Peavey Millenium, Millenium Plus, and Cirrus models? Any info. would be much appreciated.
  11. I had a thread like this earlier.
    I was surprised to find out the the Cirrus will run anywhere between $900- $2500 depending on options. I don't know much about the Milleniums though. You might be able to find it in a thread search.

From what I've heard, the Cirrus and Milleniums and awesome basses. Kinda surprised me since all I have ever see/ heard from Peavey pretty much sucked.
  12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Merged the two threads regarding Peavey pricing.
  13. Thanks Ryan, I was just thinking about asking someone to do that. :D
  14. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    In the U.S. you should expect to pay about 30% less than the list price for a Peavey bass (This may very some depending on where you live).

For list prices you can e-mail Peavey at this address:

Outside of the U.S. Peavey can be contacted here:

(Yeah, I've e-mailed Peavey a few times for pricing ;) ).