Peavey Pro 210 vs. Carvin 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Can anybody give me the low down on these two cabinets? I find myself in need of a 2x10 for my church gig and I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. I play a fiver so I need something with reasonable lows.
  2. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I'd go with the Peavey. Carvin cabs have not impressed me in the past ten years or so. They really seem to be lacking in the low end. The Peavey Pro 210 is nice, if you have the bucks, but a TVX 210 may suit your needs at a lower price point.
  3. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I have an EBS 2/10 cabnet for sale for $250.00 plus shipping. It is used but in very good condition and is comparable in quality to Eden or SWR. Given a choice between he Peavey and the Carvin I would pick the Peavey if you need volume and I would pick Carvin if you need clarity. I own a Carvin 2/10 and I'm keeping it because I like the sound of it with my Peavey 115BW.
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    IMO, the Peavey Pro 210 beats the Carvin 210 in every category. However, the Peavey Pro costs about $600 new (the Carvin is $310 + shipping).

If you want the best bang-for-the-buck in a very good stand-alone 210, look for a used Eden 4ohm 210XLT (should be in the $400-450 neighborhood).
  5. mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    I'm a big Carvin fan. But if you are looking for something to bring out that B-string, the RL210T may not do it for you. It seems to me that it peters out around the D on the B-string. I think they're designed more to be the top end of a bi-amped rig rather than a stand-alone cab - or for four-string basses. It is a very nice, clear-sounding cab though.

I haven't tried the Peavey Pro 210.