Peavey Pro 410 Vs AMpeg BXT410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, May 15, 2005.

1. Yes, I know im asking alot of questoins, and im sorry. but I was wondering if I play Rock Jazz and Blues (slap) which would suit me better the Peavey Pro or ampeg.

(this ampeg is not normal SVT it's the one used by V.W. and S.B.)
  2. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Again... I own the BXTs and I'm sellin em if your interested (I dont play bass in my current band). They're simply awesome. I went through lots of phases in bass playing, which included my playing a Stingray-5 Through the fullstack of BXTs, and they just performed brilliantly with slap oriented playing. I experimented a lot with raggae and Funk style bass playing back in the days with the Stingray around. The 410 alone can handle the low B and can punch with great clarity.

Currently my BXTs are used as the practice rig for my punk band. The rig is an Ampeg B2R functioning as a preamp only for a QSC RMX1450, which feeds each BXT cab in stereo (4ohms). 450Watts into each cab is devistatingly loud. Usually we only use the 410, because that much power isnt needed (even against a Marshall Halfstack). :cool:

As for the peavey cabs, I cant speak for them... nor can most other people here since I hardly hear of anyone using them.

What kind of amp do you intend to drive either cab with?
  3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    I own a Peavey Pro 410 Cabinet. Bought it new 2 years ago. Before buying the Pro, I was using 2 Peavey 410TX cabs.

I needed to physically downsize my rig but I wanted to increase the overall tone and projection that I was getting out of my rig at the sametime.

Needless to say, I checked out a lot of cabinets in various configurations over many months. The best sound I got was with the Pro 410.

I'm playing Classic Rock and Blues. I personally don't slap but a good friend of mine who does like to slap checked out my rig and found it to be outstanding in his opinion.

Great cabinet, I don't know why Peavey isn't selling a ton of them they certainly should be. But like Peavey's Classic 400 bass head, The Pro 410 is another highly under rated product.

And yes, I do own a Peavey Classic 400 Tube Head and use it to drive my Pro 410 Cabinet.