Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Pro 500? (comparative to firebass?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Sep 5, 2003.

1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'm considering a new amp that will give me clearer sound and add some extra definition to my sound, over my current firebass. However, I don't want an entirely different sound.

My question is this: Is the pro 500 similar sounding to the firebass, with a flat EQ?

I'm considering using this with my current cab, the 410TXF, potentially later to be replaced with a pro 410.

I play a Music Man Sterling, just for a reference.

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i thought you were after a BAM 210? and where have you been BTW?

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I am after a BAM, ideally, as it's compact and gets a lot of useable tones for me. However, money would show that I don't have the $$ for a BAM, and my choices (with discrimination) are limited to a GK 800RB, 700RB-II and Peavey Pro 500.

So far, the Pro 500 is the only one of them I haven't played, yet it looks to be like a solid contender.

Edit: "where have you been?"
    band practice, girlfriend, job hunting, friends. :)

4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Anyone? I know some of you have tried them, I did a search, which while not answering the questions I'd like the information of, provided a few people's thoughts.