Peavey Pro Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turlu, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Just wondering if any of you had a chance to try out the new lines of Peavey Pro Cabs yet, either the 1X15, the 2X10 ot the 4X10 cabinet.

I have not had a chance to try them out. They seem pretty impressive.

Let me know.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They are indeed impressive. In the same arena tonewise as the mid high end guys. Aguilar, Eden, SWR, etc. The price is pretty stiff, but still less than the competitors. But they are not quite as efficient as the others I mentioned. Around 97 dB vs. 101 for the 2x10.
  3. Are these that much better than the TVX series? And since I'm on the subject (I own three of the older TX types -- 410, 210, 115), why would any company change from good carpet covering (like the TX then TXF) to old fashioned Tolex? Bad decision if you ask me. Comments?
  4. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I have seen and hefted the Pro410 (but not played through it). It looks nice and feels significantly lighter than the TVX. Yeah, the price is, I think, a little too steep. Especially if they are down 4db in efficiency.
    I continue to use my 410TX/115BX BWs (one pair for stage, the other lives in the studio) and like their combined sound. At 5' 6" and being of an age that AARP sends me entirely TOO MUCH mail, ability to lug the beasts is important. The TXs are relatively simple for me to tote (tho' heavy). The TVXs/TFXs are both heavier and have the handles too high up on the sides for me to carry chiropractor love 'em, though:) . I like the compactness of the rear port 410TX as well as its basic sound. I was looking into replacing the 10" OEM drivers with the ones from the new Pro series. Do-able, but not cost effective. I am eagerly awaiting the January release of Eminence's new 2510 DeltaLites. These neodymium drivers will seriously increase power handling and efficiency of the cab(gotta order those Raychem Polyswitches for the Fosters...), but the best part, for me, is that they will save me about 15-20lbs per cab!

5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I believe the spl (efficiency) of the Peavey Pro 210 is probably a little higher than what is being posted in this thread. I know that the spl of the Pro 410 is 106db, so the Pro 210 is probably more in that neighborhood. I think some time ago, rcrimm posted some stats for the Peavey Pro cabs, but I didn't find them with a search.