Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Pro Series??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Djeetn, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Djeetn

Djeetn

Jan 6, 2005
    Hi everybody.
    I need help concerning information about the following items:

Peavey Pro 500 Head
    Peavey Pro 210 Cabinet
    Peavey Pro 115 Cabinet

Is this a good choise to play brutal death metal?

2. in my experience, peavey isn't altogether that great (of course i'm using an old model) but a good amount of their amps have pulled through and sounded all right. I'm all down with death metal too, so the amp i use can handle it. sometimes though i think it sounds a little more clanky (i play with a pick, but it sounds like the notes are banged out of an upright bass from a distance), but then again that's also a matter of me EQing my amp.

should do you fine

3. the new peavey amps are really great, the pros are aloud and just good, but expensive

4. Djeetn

Djeetn

Jan 6, 2005
    Thanks a lot! The Pro series do sound indeed great but I wonder how it will manage at the rehearsel space. With a drummer who uses triggers and a guitarplayer with a full marshall JCM 2000 stack, I wonder how it will end up.

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Peavey stuff is highly underrated.
    I've played Peavey products off and on for 14-15 years and never had a problem. I even have a Basic 60 combo amp that would've had it easier in a world war...try it out, the stuff is totally road worthy and sounds good. It ain't boutique gear if that's your thing...given your type of music I'd say Peavey will do a superb job for you.

6. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    VERY highly underrated!

Through some swapping, I received a new, in the box Maxx 700 about a year ago. I have used it for several gigs, and I remain much impressed with it. I also have an SWR, and the two are completely different with completely different sounds. But the Peavey has a helluva sound, "darker" and louder. I have heard the Pro head, but I have never played through one. I believe that they are the next step up from the Maxx series, and I am well satisfied with the Maxx.

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I own a Pro 410 cabinet. I downsized from using two 410TX cabs too one Pro 410 eighteen months ago.

Great cabinet, no regrets. I'm driving it with my Peavey Classic 400 tube head.

TD

8. I've owned the Peavey Pro 500. I traded it for a SWR Workingman's 8004...worst move I ever made. I loved the Peavey, great tone, and plenty of power. I did notice that my amp clipped at 4 ohms, but did not at 2 ohms. I've talked about it on TB many times...there's plenty of threads on this amp. I recommend (2) 4 ohm cabs, so it'll be at 2 ohms. It's a very loud 500 watts !