1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey PVH 210 vs. Gallien-Krueger CX210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wimpy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Hi, I have to find cab or combo up to 450USD for small cca 60 people blues club. They need something stronger not just tiny combo. Peavey has just 95dB but has more watts than GK. GK has 99dB. Well which one (or some other) will be better for that every night gig aplication? Thank you W.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Which amp will be used if you buy just a cab?

3. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Something cheap Behringer or vintage Peavey Mark Series...each player brings his own lightweight amp...I think any combo for 450USD will not heavy duty for everynight loud playing

4. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    "Peavey PVH 210 vs. Gallien-Krueger CX210"
    nobody? :)

5. You probably are fine with either. If it's the only cab you're going to use, perhaps the vertical stack of the Peavey maybe preferable. Ultimately, it's up to you. These are cabs that don't seem to have many users on this forum. Not that this says anything about their quality.

6. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    you are right..thank you!

7. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    I've played through a 4x10 CX and it didn't blow me away. It was OK, just not great but a good rehearsal room cab that can be found for cheap. I'd personally go with the PVH, which by the way, the Peavey rep himself says the PVH 12 cab is the golden boy of that series.