1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey PVH 212 or.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassmaticmatt, Apr 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    So I have my old Peavey Nitrobass 450 head sitting around. It was once my main rig. There is nothing wrong with it I just usually play my carvin combo and ext. Cab because it transports easier than a stack. I want to buy some new cabs to pair with it and I'm thinking 12s. I want a 4ohm load and im not against buying two matching cabs. I don't really want to go down the rabbit hole with custom cabs. I'll be buying used or deeply discounted. Suggestions?

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois

I've only been able to play through the PVH210 and PVH212 cabinets using a Peavey MM1000 head and my old passive Fender 4 string Jazz.

Was impressed with both.

My ears "always" lean towards 10" driver loaded cabinets so my all round favorite was the 210 model.
    But, as with ANY manufacturers 210 cabinet it'll take two of them to realistically keep up in most live bands.

If your wanting to go with one cabinet as a stand-alone, then I'd lean towards the 212.

Another manufacture you might want to check into is Avatar bass cabinets.
    I replaced high-dollar, hard to transport Ampeg and Eden cabinets with two, inexpensive Avatar 210 Neo cabinets 9+ years ago.
    Absolutely LOVE them!

www.avatarspeakers.com

3. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Banned SUSPENDED

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    What are the ohms rating on the
    Peavey PVH212 Bass Speaker Cabinet 900W

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    8 ohms for all the new Peavey cabs . Anyone else using the PVH 212

5. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    How about two of the Peavey 112's? They look pretty decent and are more modular.

6. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Either direction Would be nice to hear from someone using them. No offence intended just saying that might be a great setup but no one has them in stock to try out

7. dropDADG

dropDADG

Sep 23, 2017
    Just received my 212 the other day. Really like it with my 700RBii. The front Caster mounts are in a ridiculous spot IMO. Very easy to tip forward and fall over with the head on top. That and I wish it had a tolex covering.