Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan1099, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    So, my backup bass is a Peavey Quilt-top fury 4 (the newer, active kind) that i bought years ago for like 450. The other day, i was in guitar center, and saw a used one on the rack for 900$ What gives? are they really worth that much? or is guitar center just whacked out? It has no mods, no signatures or anything, and wasnt even in mint condition! If i could get even 1/2 that for mine, id do it in a heartbeat and turn around and buy something new. Any insight, or experience from any of you would be greatly appreciated.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Are you sure it wasn't a Cirrus you saw??

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The suggested retail on a Fury is $599. I'm with Mark - your sure it wasn't a used Cirrus?

Dan

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Or one of the USA Millennium Plus instruments.

5. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan

Absolutely, 100% sure it was a Peavey Fury IV with a green top. i know my cirruses where i see em...mmmm...

but having played the peavey for 2 years, im absolutely sure it wasnt a cirrus.

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Guitar center is wacked out. Even if you could sell it why would you want to replace such a reliable "old friend" backup instrument?

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    It could have beeen the American made Millennium that I mentioned. The quilt-top Fury and the Millennium look very similar.

Fury

[​IMG]

Now imagine the following bass in the transparent green color and a black headstock.....

Millennium Plus

[​IMG]

8. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    no go. the one on the wall, just like mine, has satin chrome hardware, two humbuckers, rosewood neck, and, most of all, says FURY IV on the headstock. It also had the trademark loose tuning pegs and string ferrules, neither of which are present on the Millenium. I have played both, and could tell you the difference in quality without even looking at them, just by playing a few notes. I know my bass where i see it, and that WAS a fury.

9. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    also, furys are a laminate quilted finish, milleniums are flamed tops.

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Then the only conclusion is that GC is whacked.

11. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    That's true but there's a significant difference in the look of the two Millennium Plus instruments that I own. The top on my Plus 5 is very much like the top on the one pictured above while my Plus 4 has more of a quilted appearance than flame IMO. The chrome hardware and Fury IV name on the headstock sealed it. I now have to agree with Philbiker & christle. GC is wacked! ;)