Peavey Randy Jackson bass (RJ4)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bottomdweller, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Peavey made an RJ4 several years ago and I used tohave one and I sold it. It was a sweet bass. Neck-thru,arched body(like a Spector,Thumb),active,etc. Anyway-I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I could find one. I've been keeping an eye on Ebay and the HC Classifieds... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  2. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I saw one on Ebay a couple of months ago. That would be the best place to look. You may have to wait.
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    can you please post a pic?
  4. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000

I'd been looking for one of these for several years now. GBase had a few NOS models a while back for between $500-599, but none anymore. Once in a while one pops up on eBay though, but seems to be the pink/purple model usually...:rolleyes:
  5. That looks like the one I had. Same color,etc... They do seem hard to find.Ibought my first one for $150. I doubt I'll get a deal like that again. I really shouldn't have sold it. Bummer...
    I really don't want a Pink one.
  6. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I sold my pink one on Ebay for 550 about seven months ago! I used to call that thing Pepto Bass! You are not kidding about that bass sounding amazing. I've never heard a bass sound like it. I have moments of remorse about selling it--especially remembering the days when my teacher, who plays an MTD 535, and I would practice and we couldn't tell our tones apart. The Macassar ebony, the perfect neck thru, the sweet fat mids--that bass was amazing. I sold it to a guy who said he was buying himself a birthday present--when he opened the control cavity, the build date was his birthday too! So, I think it was meant to be for Pepto to move on to a new home. My current main bass has almost as sweet a sound--but I've still never heard anything quite like that RJ4.

Those of you who think I'm just being nostalgic have never played this bass. Those of you who have know exactly what I'm talking about. :cool:
  7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    last time I saw Randy he was in bed with a Lull. guess he moved on too. . . .
  8. I think Randy has endorsed a few basses since then...
  9. I've just bought one of those some days ago here in Chile, and i have to say that's an incredible instrument! I haven't checked completely though, but its sound and shape are amazing!
  10. LeatherDaddy

Sep 15, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Dang, 10 year old thread necro. I'm sure there are members here on this forum younger than this thread!