1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Reactor Gu#t*r

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blipndub, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Tele copy, fab neck, great tone 200 clams. Anyone own one of these babies? Seems like a hella deal compared to the Standard tele, and plays like the American (neck). Peavey, US made built to last gear what do you think? My birthday's coming up and I think ol' blips getting himself a present!

2. are you talking about guitars?
    those thin stringed things

3. I know I know it's a sad fact that some of us like the six stringed little brother of big daddy.
    BTW just put a new set of flats on my Amer. Jazz and am wondering what i think of this brave new world...

4. if you like the way it feels and sounds i say go for it
    how could you go wrong at that price, seeing that you probally are going to use it for recording i would just make sure it has a nice tone and doesn't make noise when you move the knobs or flip the switches. i have a squire strat (i can't believe i just said that) and it plays ok put the jack is crappy and if a move when recording i get static, always fun to start over.
    i would go to the store and give it a good beating to see how it stands up. i am guessing you are using it for recording because i can not see any reason for a bass player to own one of those tiny things other wise. :D

have fun with your flats.

5. Yeah recording for the most part and just playing for fun. I have this Brownsville Thug (i can't beleive i just said THAT) that has great tone but a terrible neck and I really dig the maple on the PV. BTW i won the Thug through the Sam Ashe website, not bad for free!

Think I'm warming up to the flats, they still have that newness that i don't really like.

6. Ok, just had to spread the news. Picked up the Peavey last night and just played and played when I got home.

The tone is pure classic tele and the construction is excellent. maple neck is so smooth. If you're thinking about overpaying for a Fender (I've got two) than you should look into this underappreciated gem.

As for the Fender flatwounds, they are too heavy and I'm replacing them with a 45-100 set set of Rotosound Jazz flats. Fender strings are just a waste of money.

7. hey blipndub congrads on the peavy, the new issue of bass player has a small article about flats, you might want to find it before your next set.